This message is from: "Sarah Nagel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

oh ... something to know about orthoflex .... and here i've always heard
what great saddles they made (pricey too).  but here's another viewpoint.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Janet McNally" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com>
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 5:53 AM
Subject: western saddles/orthoflex

> This message is from: Janet McNally <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> re:  orthoflex....  perhaps they have improved as I know the company is
now under new ownership.  I purchased one 17 years ago, cost me $1700,
presumedly custom made to fit me and my round backed horse.  Never fit
either well,  created pressure points where the 'flexible pannels' hinge,
and it most certainly does not fit my Fjord.  The basic frame work of the
saddle is simply not wide enough.

> The saddle *is* made to take abuse,  and had endured a lot of hard work,
but it always was inclined to slip and I had to buy a 1 inch thick wool felt
pad (orthoflex wanted to sell me a $125 pad) to fix the pressure point
problem.