This message is from: Anita Unrau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Many of you know our daughter Sam (Kerry).  She rode two  BasicWalk/Trot
Dressage tests  today with
our white dun gelding Anvil's Rethel.  The Kelowna Riding Club's Summer
Dressage Competition
is Sam's first time showing at a ridden Dressage show.  She has been doing
eventing and some combined
driving over  the last few years.
It was Rethel's first time in a box stall, at a show and in a ridden dressage
ring.  To top it off
they were the first go at 8:00 am this morning with her first test and received
a 63.89 for first
place.  The second place was in the fifties.
Her second test she got a 65 and again the second place horse was in the
fifties.  A lady watching
came up after her test and said how nice it was and to work on her accuracy at
the  halt at X.  This
lady was coaching
a several of her own students yet took the time to give Sam some encourgement
and a point to grow on.

Tomorrow she rides six tests  and hopefully will continue with Rethel as
relaxed and round as he was
today.
Sam makes her living training horses and giving lessons and clinics.  Rethel
gets put to use in
whatever
capacity he is needed in around here, whether a lesson horse or for some friend
or relative to ride
up the
mountain.  We do not have a ridden dressage ring set up so when Sam couldn't
take her TB mare to the
show, rather than loose her entry fee she decided early in the week to take
Rethel.  She did all her
dressage tune ups while riding fence, looking for horses or out in the driving
dressage ring.  If Sam

keeps this ridden dressage up we will have to make her a 20x40 ring.
It really is true that the kids never do really move out they just get more
expensive tastes.  Her
own place is across the river but most of her
horses and tack are still here.

 Rethel is for sale if anyone is interested in a trained gelding.

Anita Unrau
Anvil's Acres
Rock Creek, B.C.