This message is from: "Sue" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello everyone....well I did it!  We went to P.E.I. last week and I insisted
on going out on a trailride.  Randy tried his durndest to talk me out of
it...but nothing doing....I just had to see if my ankle was horse-worthy
again.  Storm is 3 and is yet unbroken...not the best candidate for someone
stil limping somewhat.  Our new little Fjord fellow, Peppin, is just a
yearling and I will not ride hubbys big appy gelding. (he and I are not a
good personality match)....so I wanted to go riding.  I mounted an appaloosa
mare at a trail ride place and had a lovely ride.  My ankle did not hurt one
bit! I had to wear work boots...but that was ok.
Now on with my story..........
On the way back home, we stopped at the zoo in Moncton.  There were 3
Przewalski horses there.  They were in a pasture, behind a little train
ride...(.the girl in the gift shop did not even know they were there).  For
some reason their presence was not advertised. (as they were only barely
visable from the train. ) Well, a friend of ours worked there last summer so
I knew where to look.  We walked across  the railroad tracks and over  to
the fence and there they were way way back in the pasture (almost out of
sight)  I whistled....hubby said " no way are you going to call those wild
horses".   I kept right on whistling....one lifted its head. It started
towards us...by this time I was madly clicking away with my digitol camera.
He kept right on coming and finally stopped right fair in front of us...nose
against the fence!  I almost peed my pants....I touched him...stroked his
nose through the mesh of the fence.  My goodness...he sure did look like a
Fjord. He had black lower legs, and a dark mane that stood straight up.  His
eyes were a bit different but oh he was georgeous.
  Are there many of these horses around anywhere and is it usual that I got
him to come to me?  I heard on tv. that they cannot be ridden....wonder
why????
I tried flymasks on the boys but they took them off as fast as I put them
on.  I finally found some horse insect repellent roll- on style.  We roll it
around their eyes each morning and it works pretty good...except for the
very corners of their eyes.  I almost look forward to cooler weather....tho
I hate to even think about winter.
Well must go now...soon bed time.
Sue in N.B. (Desert Storm's mom)