This message is from: "Jean Gayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Good points about Fjords and children.  The one who felt ponies were more
manageable because of their size?  Have you ever seen a mini horse spook?  I
also thought the little two to three hundred pound horses would be easy to
just pull over backwards if they ran off with the cart. Ha!!!!! One panicked
in the show last year with an adult driver, wiped out two carts in the ring
and sent its well trained owner to the hospital with concussion and
hysteria. The entrants who still had their seats in their carts were huddled
against the walls. Even two strong reins could not stop the wee beasty.  It
stopped when it jammed into a bunch of carts and had no place to go.

A pony can do just as much damage as a full grown or mini horse.  I go along
with the well trained theory plus lots of luck.  Look at Karen Mc who has
had some really hair raising experiences in years of working with horses and
then gets "bumped" and has a fractured back!!  This is a dangerous sport of
ours, but it has all been worth it in my opinion.  Karen might not think so
at this moment, but she will when she heals.   Jean

Jean Walters Gayle
[Authoress of "The Colonel's Daughter"
Occupied Germany 1946 To 1949 ]
http://users.techline.com/jgayle