This message is from: "Reena" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I board at a barn that is an eventing barn.....with a big show coming up
this weekend and I will tell you there is always at least one lose horse
running around that has gotten away from someone, be it young kid or adult.
I lead my kids around on my guy, Gus, but wouldn't let them just go
'riding'.......there is no enclosed area where he wouldn't get away.   Just
last night while I was riding, he jumped sideways about ten steps (i should
say ran ten steps sideways) because the deer in the bushes scared him.......

Reena

This message is from: "John Rooker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The barn where we board holds a few open events each spring and summer.  The
spring events are just Dressage and Jumping and the summer event is three
phase.  When I work at these events, I am struck at the horses that some
parents buy for their kids.  I see 11 and 12 year old girls on hot blooded
Arabs and big TB's riding Pre Novice classes.  These horses are often so
cranked up at an event, it is an accident looking for a place to happen.
Somehow, we get through each event without needing an EMT.  :)

---