This message is from: "Arthur Rivoire" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello Everybody from Carol Rivoire at Beaver Dam Farm in Nova Scotia -

We knew Titan was special from the first moment we saw him.  None of us had
ever seen such a large, big-boned foal. We couldn't believe our eyes.  It
was obvious he was special.  --  In the ensuing days, everybody who came to
see him had the same comment.  These people included local horsemen,
cattlemen, our farrier, the vet, our vacation guests.  Iain, the farrier,
commented . .  "Some set of pins on that colt."   He was 42" at birth.  I
think this must be some kind of record.  Out of the 67 foals born at BDF,
we've never had such a huge colt.

Titan has more than height and bone.  He's very well put together, with a
particularly beautiful neck.  Longish and wonderfully arched.  Elegant head.
It's also obvious that he'll have good movement.  He absolutely "bounds"
with suspension.

Along with all these physical characteristics, the colt has "attitude" ----
real stallion attitude.  He's definitely not going to be one of those
stallions that are hard to tell from mares.  This colt exudes "presence" and
shows himself constantly.  He's very curious and totally confident and
brave.

Recognizing from the beginning that BDF Titan was special and a very
promising stallion candidate, we immediately started teaching him to be
respectful and obedient.  The colt has lessons six days a week in those
characteristics plus leading, picking up his feet, moving over.  He does it
all well.  ---

We see the quality in this colt and know what he'll be able to do for the
Fjord breed if purchased by an experienced breeder.  We're also aware that
his promising career could be ended, if, due to lack of handling and
training, he's not well-mannered and manageable.  --  Frankly, that would be
a huge loss for the breed, so that's why we're spending so much time on him
to make sure he has the opportunity to prove himself in the breeding sheds
of America.

BDF Titan is sired by GJEST, out of our top mare, Stine.  This cross has
produced some of the best Fjords in North America, including BDF Kanada
King, BDF Obelisk, BDF Malcolm Locke.  ---  Every one of those stallions is
beautiful and has very good movement, and sires wonderful sons and
daughters --  All three are also outstanding performance horses.  All three
were gorgeous foals, impressing every experienced horseperson who saw them.
However, as good as they were as foals, none of them were as big and
impressive as this colt - BDF Titan.

There are really no words that can describe how unusual this colt is.  If we
were going to continue our breeding operation, this colt would most
definitely be Gjest's successor.  --  However, we're not.  We're in the
process of "sliding into retirement", so BDF Titan is for sale to a serious,
experienced breeding farm.

Of course, he's not going to be cheap, but very frankly, money is not the
prime consideration in placing this colt.  What's important is that he go to
an experienced breeder who will train him and use him as he should be used..
. . meaning "use him for breeding".

ONE MORE THING -  This young stallion has what it takes to be extremely
competitive in dresssage, jumping, and carriage driving.  He's long-legged,
big-boned, athletic, bold and aggressive.

Interested parties, please contact me for more information and a video.

Best Regards,  Carol Rivoire

http://www.beaverdamfarm.com
Beaver Dam Farm Fjords II
R.R. 7
Pomquet, Nova Scotia B2G 2L4
Tel:(902) 386-2304
Fax:(902) 386-2149
Carole Rivoire, author of THE FJORDHORSE HANDBOOK,
only book in English on the Fjord breed, available from Beaver Dam Farm,
$36.95 US includes P&H
http://www.beaverdamfarm.com/book.htm