This message is from: "Karen Keith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Tonight I got the answer, although I hadn't even asked the question!

I came home late (10:30) from my son's baseball game. Went out to the barn to feed the two Fjordies and my donkey. There's no electricity in the barn, I do all my chores by flashlight, but there was a half-moon and clear skies.

Gelding comes into his stall from outside and I hooked the stall guard. The donkey's in her stall, and the mare in hers, but the back door is open so the mare can come and go at will. Everyone is in munching hay happily, so I go to get the hose to fill the outside water tank, which is just outside the gelding's stall.

The hose makes a pretty terrific hissing and spitting tonight -- must have been air in the pipes. It startled the horses, and the mare came charging out of her stall. I turned just in time to see my lovely gelding clearing his stall guard (through a 4 ft opening, I might add) and out into the barn yard with the mare. YIKES!

Now the gelding's stall is 12x12 and his hay was in the corner furthest from the door, so I figure he only had room to spin 180 then make a leap over a 3 ft 6 inch high nylon mesh stall guard, and this in the near dark.

Thank goodness Fjords can jump, and jump clean. If he'd hung a knee no doubt he would have flipped.

Can Fjords jump? You bet. But this information (gathered in this way) I can do without.

:^0

Cheers!

Karen