This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I've been lurking lately, without great interest, but
not much input about the wonderful world of semen &
studs.

However, I just got back from a wonderful weekend in
northern Indiana.  We went trail riding, my girlfriend
on her 2 yr. old rocky mountain horse, & I on my
husbands'(increasingly wonderful) fjord.  We went over
hill & dale, thru swarms of deer flys & creeks,
hawthorne trees and berry bushes, etc.

But the most wonderful events happened at home.  My
girlfriends' folks live on a LARGE manmade lake (Sylvan
Lake) and we took the horses swimming.  They loved it.
The first day we were there, my fjord kept turning every
direction to keep an eye on the lake.  She was just
facinated by it.  The second day we took them both in.
My mare went first, and they both loved it.  We had
mass boats edging in to see us in the water.  I thought
they were interested in the tan 'hippo' with the black
sstripe.  I took my mare in deep for a swim, and had her
pull me in to shore by her tail.  Awesome.

I remember dreaming as a child about swimming with
horses. It came true.  The next day we had a swarm
of children willing to help us swim the horses in the
lake, so now both girls got a chance to be diving boards
for the kids.  They loved it.  And then I swam my girl
out deep, with two kids at a time holding on to her
tail, and she swam all of us back to shore.  Then we had
the great idea to ride her out & have her pull us back
in.

What an awesome weekend. My fjord led the other mare
everywhere.  And we did everything, and she did
everything I asked with a 'what a great time' attitude
about her, and pure enjoyment on her face.  I never saw
her ears at even half mast.  They were constantly up,
and enjoying things.  The only thing she asked was that
each time a child climbed on her, they had to introduce
themselves to her.  She wanted approval rights on
everyone.  But she did handle 'masses' of flailing feet
and water fights with a great deal of interest and
enthusiasm.

Anyway, we had the best fjord time I think I've ever
had, and boy, I've had a few great times.

Try swimming some time.  It's pure enjoyment.

The added benefit is she started getting oblique muscles
along her tummy.  We could see where she was working
those muscles!!  Wish we could keep it up!!

Mel Thomas
DMT Farms
Cicero, IN