This message is from: "Frederick J. Pack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Jean quoted from the rules printed someplace:

Under 1. Stallions transport semen constantly unless they are sterile.
How can a stallion file an application?  They can't write.  How can a
stallion pay anything?

I still think it's nothing more than a way to get money!

My three cents worth.....

Fred

This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

$100 does seem high, even if it is a one time fee.  Is there a charge
for
the forms the stallion owner has to fill out each time he ships semen?

"1.Effective January l99l, all stallions transporting semen for AI

   breeding must file an application for a Semen Transport Permit and
be
assigned a Semen Transport Permit Number prior to the transport    of
semen. This number must appear on the required NFHR forms
accompanying
each shipment of semen and on all appropriate    paperwork. Each
stallion
will pay a one time Semen Transport       Permit Registration fee. See
the
Registration Fees Schedule for    current pricing. "

Jeanin Fairbanks, Alaska, 70 degrees and sunny

>Just my two cents worth, but I think the $100.00 charge for a permit to
>transport semen is a rip off.  If someone files a stallion report,
>doesn't this fulfill any need for the association to know what stallion
>is bred to what mare?

Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]