This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

List,

I recently had a hair analysis test done on my four year old gelding.  I
board with a women who believes strongly in supplements and uses this process
to try and keep the horses at acceptable levels, feeding each horse in our
barn a custom blend of vitamins and minerals.  We do have high levels of
arsenic in our area, which is why she started testing the horses, to begin
with.  I felt it was a good idea to, at least have the test for benchmark
levels.

I won't go into detail as to the test results but the analysis did come back
showing high levels of arsenic and aluminum, among many other high levels.
Along with the report came a huge laundry list of supplements to feed (19 in
all actually).  Here's my question.  Knowing these people are in the business
of selling supplements how do I analyze what I really need?  I was also told,
when I purchased my guy, that to be careful about feeding the full
recommended dosages of supplements, that a much less amount seemed to best
suit this breed.

Any comments or suggestions here would be helpful.

Carol and Prairie Duster in Michigan