This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Just to set the record straight.... yes.  I got a bum deal on AI this year.
No, the mare isn't pregnant.  Yes.  I learned an important lesson.  Contracts
are a GOOD thing.

But I am not soured on AI.  I do believe it can work and IS a viable
alternative for breeding to good stallions that are not so close to home.
There is a lady (who knows who she is) that I do indeed plan on going into an
AI contract with maybe in the next year or two.  Her stallion is fabulous,
and after talking to her, I am convinced even more than before that her
ethics as a breeder are stellar.

So please, those of you who are considering AI do not let my one lousy
experience sour you.  Just learn from it, as did I.  Get your contracts in
order, locked down, on just what is expected on both ends of the deal.  Know
that the breeder is experienced in collection.  Use a GOOD repro vet.  KNOW
that the stallion has sperm that is viable for shipping.  And hope that the
Fertility Gods are on your side (that is a big one).

Pamela