This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Re: Tish's comments on buying a younger/older horse.

I, personally,  buy older, trained horses.

A person who is "green", "getting into horses", "had a horse when young and
wants one again", "always wished to have a horse and can finally afford one",
etc., etc.,???
......... best to purchase an older, trained horse for the dicipline required
- IMO  :)

Yes, a green horse can work out -- but, as Tish mentioned, alot of time is
spent getting to a comfort level where rider/driver and horse form a
partnership.  Tish worked with trainers - how many green owners do not?  That
spells disaster from what I have seen.  If a "green" owner is willing to
spend money on training/ lessons with a young horse - most likely it will be
a positive experience.  Same is true for an older horse - "green" owners
still will/may need the assistance of a trainer.

Now with the responsibility of a foal I can honestly say I would not sell
"Hasse" to someone who did not have the financial means or desire to help him
become a well behaved, well trained working fjord.  I chose to raise a foal -
I believe it is my responsibility to do all I can to see that he is mannerly
and trained to be a happy, working fjord.

Enjoy the day, everyone!  :)

Linda in MN -- just returned home from a 5-day mini-vacation.  Could not wait
to get my barn boots on and go "snuzzle" my horses and goats.    My daughter
was "in charge" while I was gone so they were happy campers:):):)