This message is from: "Krist Martinsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To introduce myself,  my name is Krist Martinsen and we have fjord horses for
nine years.  We purchased two from Canada when we lived on Orcas Island.  We
moved to Stanwood, WA in 1997.  I enjoy driving our mare, Bjorke and gelding,
Per.  Our mare produced a colt last May and we have been busy working with
him.  (The stallion was Anne Appleby's Misha).  We would enjoy a visit from
anyone who happens to be in our area.

Re discussion on Easy Boots, as was pointed out, many people have trouble with
them - perhaps by not making the adjustments given in the directions.

I've been using them for seven years and have found that the boot needs to be
cut down low in the heel as the inner strap is what holds the boot on.  When
starting to put the boot on, I make sure to push the toe of the horse deep and
below barbs into boot.  That way the foot makes less contact with barbs in
boot.  I also flatten barbs really well with vice grips.

Putting a strap on inside back strap helps pull on a boot that is really
tight.  I have a large screwdriver in the grooming box that I pop boot off by
putting it in by barbs and twisting off.  I can usually put all four on in
five minutes - practice does help.

Odometer on cart reads over 2000 miles and the #2 boots on front are all still
good.  The back boots are #1s and probably would have lasted that long on our
mare but our gelding drags his toes so he wears the toes out on pavement.
Horses are driven on gravel and hard surfaced roads.  Boots are probably not
suited for riding in mud or deep sand because material will pack into the
boot.

For Sale:  Studebaker Buggy - Excellent condition -all parts for driving
single or a pair. $3500.  Krist Martinsen [EMAIL PROTECTED]