This message is from: Nancy Newport <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thanks Jean for your comment about your foal
sweating at a few days old. I have been
collecting all kinds of information on this and
it seems to vary widely between foals being able
to sweat at birth to foals can take up to 6 weeks
or more to begin to sweat.  The best info I've
gotton for my problem is that it can take some
time and meanwhile if you're having a heat wave
you need to cool them off.

Since I am in the south I would appreciate
anyone's experience on foals and heat regulation
and I will pass on what I find out to the list.
I currently have a recent vet school graduate
friend doing some more research for me. I
especially would like to know if there have been
any studies done in a controlled environment - so
far I haven't come across any, but then I really
don't know where to look.

By the way, Jean it was warmer in Alaska on one
day last week than in Florida - the weather guy
got a kick out of that. It's beautiful today, but
back to the 90's next week I hear.

Thanks, Nancy Newport