This message is from: bolinsj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

    This is what we've found with our horses.  We give them a salt block
in their stalls.  They have free access to the stalls almost 24/7
(except when wh'ere cleaning out).  They eat a lot of salt for a while
then taper off.  Warm weather - more salt.  I found that putting the
salt right next to the water trough they were 'playing with' it more,
but wasting it (biting off pieces and dropping them.  Kilar is a chewer
- he bites his salt as often as licks it.)  He will occassionaly pick
the smaller brick out of his feeder and I'll have to hunt for it, but
not too often.

Martie in MD