This message is from: Marsha Jo Hannah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> "Cynthia Madden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Loved this discussion! I have 2-1/2 yr old Teddy-in-your-face! He helps the
> plumber unload his truck, the farrier as he trims the other horses, me as I
> feed, and Zack the Giant Scnhauzer catch his kong. He also tips the
> wheelbarrow full of rock  and helps me fix the electric fence he tears down.

Here's where I have an advantage.  My first equine was my donkey, who
combines all of the above with the fun of playing "Keep Away" with any
tool or project parts that she can lay lips on.  I learned early on
the value of gates, halters, and food.  Changes to her or the Fjords'
environments happen while they are busy with their breakfasts, or put
out to pasture, or caught and tied up for some "patience training".
It really is quicker (and safer) to work on projects without "helpers"!

Marsha Jo Hannah                Murphy must have been a horseman--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               anything that can go wrong, will!
15 mi SW of Roseburg, Oregon