To: <fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: protective ponies

This message is from: bolinsj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

When I  got my first Fjord, the other horses attacked him.  He ignored
them, turned his butt and kicked out a couple times without looking the
least interested and the other horses gave up and went away.  Kilar went
back to eating.  He was immediately the top dog in the little herd.
My crazy Arab protects me.  He is the lowest on the pecking order, but
will 'herd' his little group and warn them of danger.  He has protected
me from such unlikely attackers as  - my own dog, a pot bellied pig, a
stray duck, John and the weed-wacker and a group of four-wheelers.  He
runs to me, stands between me and the 'invader' then runs off again and
runs back and....  I think he is trying to tell me to run away from the
scarey thing.  He's a silly goose.
Kilar just looks at him, looks around to see what the fuss is about and
goes back to eating.

Martie in MD

CHERYL GARNICA wrote:

This message is from: CHERYL GARNICA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

My fjord has it backwards... easy going guy, non aggressive. The other horses take advantage and pick on him (esp. the POA!!) My fjord will run to ME for protection!

I was wondering if other's fjords were passive? I figured it's why he's at the bottom of the pecking order. (My other 2 aren't fjords). Curious.
Cheryl in S. Cal