This message is from: Michelle King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello!

In regards to treating a foundered horse, two websites
w/ excellent recommendations are
www.equinepodiatry.net.  KC LaPierre promotes no shoes
on performance horses and his theories are backed by
sound biomechanical principles.  I have recently
purchased a fjord (my first!) who had foundered
several years ago.  I have one of his graduates
working on Luke and she has done a great job in a very
short time on his sadly neglected hooves.  He is an
advocate of not just treating the horse but looking at
the environment and the health of the horse.

Also I would recommend www.vitaroyal.com.  Lindsay is
a biochemist with very good recommendations and feed
programs.  I called her after purchasing Luke because,
of course, he was very overweight and I wanted to
approach his weightloss from a better perspective than
just limiting his hay intake.  His weight is coming
off very nicely and he keeps looking better and
better.

I hope that your horse will be OK.

On another note, I was hoping someone might have some
more information on my fjord.  Luke is somewhere
between 12 and 14 years old.  He was bought in '99
from  Leslie Haynes in Randolph VT.  She told the
previous owner recently that she does not remember
where he was purchased from but mentioned the "Round
Barn" in Tunbridge VT.   His registration papers are
lost which is OK w/ me but he has such a wonderful
temperament and is so responsive and a pleasure to
ride that I would love to find out more about his
breeding in case we think of purchasing another fjord
in the future (He's a gelding but his disposition is
so wonderful that I would love to go with the same
line.  He has not done anything since they purchased
him but he has remembered all of his training and I am
very eager to drive him soon.)  If any one could give
me any leads as to where to look for more info I'd
appreciate it.  I have a call into Leslie to see if
she can remember his registered name because I am sure
that would helpful too.

Thanks!

Michelle in Shrewsbury VT
http://mail.yahoo.com