This message is from: "Steve Sessoms" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I would think the Highland Pony would be a better bet.  They sure look a
>lot like Fjords with long manes! Dun colors, temperment, etc.

Yes, you read my mind, Jean!  The Highland Pony is the only horse breed I know
of that would not add any hugely different characteristics to our breed.  The
Haffie and the Fell and the Black Forest and the Welsh Cob are all similar size
but are just too different in some really, really important ways.  We better
keep our bloodlines in good shape, we don't want another Rimfaske War!

Thank heavens for our stringent rule against close linebreeding and inbreeding .
this practice alone should save our breed from the problems other small breeds
have.  If a problem should crop up, we will have lots of pockets of untroubled
lines in different regions and in other countries.

Meredith Sessoms
Moulton AL
~ Dorina . NFR Aagot . TK Anjanette . TK Arlo . and Pepper, the black one ~