This message is from: "Olivia Farm, Inc." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello from Olivia Farm,

  I want to offer apology to Ruthie an anyone else that I may have offended
with my last post - that was not my intention.  I was only pointing out that
people who tote themselves as "stewards of the breed" and are concerned with
genetic diversity should do more research than just the related-ness of their
own ponies.

  Personally, I believe that genetic diversity is just one issue of responsible
breeding, along with breeding for good conformation, movement, temperament,
fjord type, etc.  I agree with Warren that breeding horses with undesirable
characteristics just for the sake of diversity is a mistake.

  I am also sorry that my comment about under-used lines and stallions was
taken to mean non-evaluated stock.  I was actually thinking of a few specific
stallions that have been evaluated either here or in Europe.

  Once again, I'm sorry that it looked like I had singled out individual
stallions and breeding programs.  As I said in my original post, my research
and comments were limited to give an impression only, not to be taken as
anything other than pointing out facts that are available for us all to see on
the NFHR site.

  Thanks again for the good discussion,

  Solveig Watanabe
  Olivia Farm