This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 7/6/2006 6:27:11 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Many  people have the dot to dot breeding mentality, of matching blue to
blue, and  there lies the danger.

Ruthie:

I agree 100% - That's why we need to have  more Evaluations and education
about Evaluations. Those of us that ARE "Old  Hands" have the responsibility of
helping the newer owners understand the TRUE  purpose of Evaluations, and to
set the correct example for them by showing them  that we Evaluate and use the
scores properly to select the best possible mate  for our horses - that WE do
not have the "blue to blue" mentality.

Having been in the Quarter Horse world for  many years, I have seen well what
happens when people do not select good  matches for their horses - I wish
they had some kind of evaluation system for  QHs back then!

Amy

Amy Evers
Dun Lookin' Fjords
260 May Creek Rd
Days  Creek, OR 97429
541-825-3303
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])