This message is from: "ruth bushnell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I wouldn't know phenotypical vs genotypical .....or any of that speak. >>>
The QH changed because of "fashion>............ It's a lesson to be learned by NFHR,
hopefully by virtue of our small size in membership we can hold together
the true Fjord.  Disposition above all
else - hopefully - will always be the standard with our breed. We need the correct conformation and good clean movers, but not at the expense of the mind. The good minded Fjord will always be in high demand.

Just my opinion - from seeing it happen before.
Pat Holland

SING IT PAT! it is the mild temperament that makes the Fjord
priceless! We should guard this most valuable Fjord asset above all else.

A stable temperament is a genotypical (inner) quality, not graded by Evaluators, and best preserved by maintaining genetic diversity. (because "equine genome
science" maintains that it is inbreeding that will eventually foil
temperaments, reproduction, disease immunity, etc.).

I'll bet there's not many of us (any of us?) who prefer conformation over temperament
when it comes to our own personal riding safety.

Ruthie, nw mt US