This message is from: M Korose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I read the following:  "There seems to be a window of opportunity when
they are young that can't be completly made up for if you start taking
them out and about when they are 5 or 6. "  in the last digest and altho there
are some great ideas flowing around, I think this thought may make folks
looking at older Fjords take pause.
  My primary example is my first Fjord, 5+ years old, halter broke, good home,
that I wisked away to become the 3-time Versatility champ of the  NE show.  I
have said that the only breed I would trust that can START as an "older"
(5-6-7) horse from scratch is Fjords.  I have seen other examples, Fjords tend
to be slow maturers, easy learners, and if the program involves trust and
consistent learning, take a chance on that "older" Fjord.
  Marsha In VA

  PS - We now also have Icelandics and I may have to extend the "older" start
factor to them to,  Icey folks always wait till 5+ to even start most of their
horses