To: <fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2006 4:50 PM
Subject: heavy Fjord forelock

This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,
I have a Fjord with a long heavy forelock. He is a wonderful horse, except if he becomes frightened, his reaction is to take off at a dead run and he is
very quick. Out of 200 hours riding, I would guess 180 are  in the arena,
little exposure to trails. I would like to take him on trails rides, but afraid
with how spooky he can be of the  unexpected. I took him to a Parelli
desensitizing clinic last Saturday with great success and then Tuesday took him to a
trainer that has been  using Parelli techniques for 10 years and he has an
excellent reputation. He feels the spooky is something that can be fixed. Since
he has had him,  he told me that he does much better if his forelock is
braided, that he feels it interferes with his vision. What do those of you feel that have Fjords with a heavy forelock. Do you think it interferes with vision
and as a result they become frightened of the unexpected, more so that a
Fjord without the long heavy forelock. If you agree, is there any other ways of handling this without braids, and I really don't want to cut that beautiful
forelock. Thanks,  Onna