This message is from: "Beaver Dam Farm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello Everybody from Carol Rivoire at Beaver Dam Farm in Nova Scotia . . . .

All of us at Beaver Dam Farm are winding down the season. The nights are getting crisp. The geese are massing over the ponds, and the Fall Fair is in full swing in town. -- Last night our guests all went and enjoyed this real "down home", old fashioned agricultural fair. -- Along with the Highland Games in July, the Antigonish Exhibition is the highlight of our rural area. -- Our Riding & Driving Vacation guests particularly enjoyed the tug of war events.

Yes, despite all the talk about the horse market being soft, the exceptionally good horses we've had to offer this year are selling like hotcakes. -- One thing that interests us and pleases us is that there is more and more call for performance geldings. This signifies to us that the Fjord Horse is coming of age and being recognized as a performance horse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bjronrod and Asti, the wonderful red dun Gjest sons, out of Solar mares are on their way to their new homes. -- Bjornrod is going to a dressage home in Washington, and Asti has already arrived at his new home in North Carolina where he'll be used for all things pleasurable as well as dressage.

Alf, a Felix son, will soon be on his way to a new home in New Jersey. -- Valdemar, who came to us from North Carolina, will be traveling with Alf to their new home with Susan and Dave Drillock in New Jersey.

Toby, also a Felix son, and consigned to us along with Alf by Pat Wolfe, will be going to another home in New Jersey.

Saga, a huge and handsome gelding from Ontario, has already gone to his new home in California.

Zinske, a Marnix daughter, was sold some time ago as a yearling, but was left with us to train and to eventually breed to Gjest. -- All that has been accomplished, and Zinske leaves soon for her new home.

Oshkosh, a 2 yr. old gelding sired by the German stallion, Orca, sold to one of our Riding & Driving Vacation guests, but will stay with us to be trained next Spring to ride and drive. Eventually, he'll go to his new owners in MA.

Jazzy, a fabulous German mare has been purchased by other Driving & Riding Vacation guests from St. Louis. Jazzy also will stay with us to be bred to Gjest and have further training under saddle.

But, as I said, we still have some really great offerings --

VALENA - 6 yr. old mare sired by the fabulous imported stalliion, lotren. -- Valena is everything just about anybody could want in a orse. -- She's wonderfully quiet. -- She's exquisitely beautful with the most gorgeous head ever seen. -- She's a terrific riding horse for adults and children, even at the most basic level. -- Valena has an unsually good pedigree. --- LOOK HER UP on the NFHR Pedigree Search Site. --- You'll be amazed how many extraordinary horses are in this pedigree. -- If you want a wonderful family horse that's an ideal candidate to breed, then please think seriously about this mare. -- She's been with us since early Spring, and her manners and behavior have been 100%. -- We haven't a thing negative to say about her regarding her character, reliability, work ethic. This mare is fabulous! We have not trained her to drive, but could do that for any buyer who wished a driving horse. Guaranteed that this mare will make a dependable, pleasurable carriage horse. -- Her breeding and conformation are also very good. She's an extremely attractive mare. $14,000.

PEVENSIE - 6 yr. old mare with good breeding. Pevensie is without question - THE IDEAL TRAIL HORSE -- This is a big statement, but I don't think that such a good trailhorse could be found anywhere. -- If you've ever thought of endurance riding, this is the horse. -- The mare has FEET OF IRON! -- She has an exgtremely soft mouth and goes perfectly in a rubber bit or hackamore. -- She will go over anything ---- Through anything --- Every person who has ridden her the whole summer has had the same thing to say --- PEVENSIE IS PERFECT ON THE TRAIL! -- She's exactly the same with young children as with experienced riders. -- There is none better. -- Absolutely sound and healthy! -- A wonderful young mare who will give years and years of family pleasure. $9500.

BRENNING - Simply a gorgeous horse. He's a grandson of STINE, the mare on the cover of my book, and he looks exactly like Stine. He's 14.2 and a very big Fjord. -- Everyone looks good on him. --- His personality is delightful. -- He's super friendly to all creatures. -- His gaits are stupendous, but BIG! His trot is quite lofty, so the rider has to be fairly good to sit it. --- It's in no way rough or choppy --- JUST BIG! ------ His canter is phenomenal! He canters easily from the halt, and it's a ROCKING CHAIR. -- Brenning is sired by Marnix, and out of BDF JENNIFER ANN. $14,000.

Please call Carol with any questions. Beaver Dam Farm has been training and selling Fjords since 1979. We have a first class reputation to live up to, and we strive for that every day.

Kind Regards,  Carol Rivoire

Beaver Dam Farm Fjords II, Ltd.
Phone: 902-386-2304  Fax: 902-386-2149
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Raised by the Sea in Health and Tranquility"

Visit our NEW Riding Vacation page on our website today!
http://www.beaverdamfarm.com/pages/riding-vacation/index.html