This message is from: Martie Bolinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sue,
We were also at the Laurels, but on ly on Friday and Saturday. We weighed carriages and only got to see the Fjords as they came and went from the stable area :-(. They had us in a place this year where we could see nothing and had no shade. Bummer. But we still had lots of fun. We volunteer there every year and always have a great time.
   It's always fun to see the Fjords compete!!

Martie in MD

mom wrote:

This message is from: "mom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I just got home from three days as a volunteer at the Laurels at Landhope.
I was to navigate for a friend, but her horse was injured (OK now, but not
conditioned) and we scratched--so there we were with accomodations and
transportation . . . and we volunteered.  What a truly delightful
experience.  Bobbi Hager of the Brandywine Valley Driving Club is the
volunteer organizer and her abilities are remarkable--great briefings,
equipment, logistics . . . and we were well fed to boot!

But the highlight for me was to see Maggie Sullivan put any number of adults
to shame with her cool competent performance with her little fjord.  Andy
Marcoux was her navigator and coach and they made a formidable team.  I was
timer on one of the marathon hazards so got to see their work close up.
Beautiful.  A well conditioned, well schooled fjord with a very promising
whip is a beautiful sight indeed!

Nancy Roemer also participated with her lovely fjord--so among all the
browns and greys, big and little, there were two really nice representatives
of the breed.  It is particularly heartening to see the young people doing
so well!  Congratulations!  Sue Freivald