This message is from: "Ed Sullivan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thank you, Sue, for your very kind words here, and friendly support at the
Laurels -- when will this ol' horseshow mom get over the jitters on show
day?!!!!!  Maggie had a great time and learned a LOT --  you can see her
growing as a driver each time she competes at a CDE, it's so rewarding!
There's still a lot of work to do on dressage, and they should try to school
cones before an event, but didn't they SMOKE the hazards?!!!!  You don't have
to ask the pony which phase is her favorite.

Regarding turnout, Maggie and Andy felt that she was underdressed in just a
country blouse, but I wanted to keep her looking young for awhile -- she's
only 14 !  I learned sooo much as groom this weekend -- do all of you use
black shoe polish on your harness, and parade gloss?  What a difference it
makes!

As Sue says, the Laurels is a phenomenal event, really spectator-friendly,
with all the driving -- including every hazard, oops I mean obstacle -- within
sight of the main tent-- lots of vendors, US team members up-close and
personal, jazz band playing...  check out  www.laurelscde.org and
www.garyknollphotography.com to see what we mean.

My one regret from our Laurels trip is that I wasn't videoing Nancy's marathon
-- if only I had been recording Hazard 1, when her husband/navigator scooped
up her whip off the ground, it was priceless!

Ann in CT
giving Riena another day off -- she earned it!