This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 9/23/2006 12:29:53 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> David VanHoof did a wonderful job in his response to Fred Pack. He did no
> blaming, but held Fred accountable for his actions and declarations. He was
> very specific and clear in addressing each issue that bothered him. From
> Fred's return post, one can see how David's open, non-blaming communication
> invited him to respond more positively.

I agree and want to commend Fred for taking responsibility.

> Every horse or dog show that I know of has had one or more participants
> feeling like someone[s] "done 'em wrong." Good sportsmanship should, but
> often
> does not, guide how one deals with such a situation. I am appalled by the
> number of responses that suggest lawsuits. Come on people, we are not
> dealing
> with criminal behavior here, on anyone's part. Get a grip.
> .

My first instinct when I read the few heated comments about initiating a
lawsuit was - UH OH - you just shot yourself in the foot.  I would run a
hundred
miles an hour backwards to avoid doing business with you!

> I was at the show, not the Evaluation. I heard a number of people remark
> that
> this was one of the best run shows and evaluations they could remember. I
> agree. So did Dagrun, Doug and Pat who were with us. I served on the Libby
> show committee for a number of years, and was struck by how hard everyone I
> worked with tried to present the best show possible. There was, and still
> is,
> constant effort to improve the show in any way possible. I know and respect
> all who were busting their buns to run the show and evaluation
> professionally.
> From others' comments and my own experience, they succeeded.

YUP, YUP, YUP, having been there done that - having served on the Libby Show
Committee for many years, I can tell you from personal experience, that it is
no easy task.  It is a dirty job, but someone has to do it!  Thanx to all of
you on the committee.

> I was angry about all the cheap shots being taken at specific individuals.
> This does not help fix things and shows extremely poor sportsmanship. I hope
> that we all will address concerns with mutual respect. Anger can still be
> expressed within this framework.

I hope that we have all learned something from this -i.e. - CHILL for a few
days before hitting the 'send' button!  Time to let this sleeping dog lie.

Thanx,

Gayle Ware
Field of Dreams
Eugene, OR