This message is from: Curt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi,  The Minnesota Equestrian Center arenas have footing made of a sand and
clay mixture.  They like to keep them soft, but firm.  The outdoor arenas might
sometimes be softer than the indoor arenas, it depends on how much rain they
get before the show.  The areas between the indoor and outdoor arenas and all
around the outside of the facility are hard packed for cars and trucks.

I can't say whether or not you should have shoes on your horse for the show.
Most of the Fjords we are showing in performance classes will have shoes, but
one will not.  Since that Fjord is a pasture horse at home, his owner's prefers
that he not have shoes.   With mostly a shale surface here at home, our working
Fjords need shoes to keep their hoofs from wearing down too fast.
Take care!
Curt Pierce and Marsha Korose
Mathias, WV
PS.  Looking forward to seeing everyone in Winona!