This message is from: "tiakd 14477" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have a horse with moonblindness that I had to quit riding for 3-4 years because he had so much trouble adjusting to his lack of sight. It was so hard for me to adjust to this as he was such an incredible horse before, we were going bridleless, could do anything together etc and then he kind of lost it. He is a sweetheart again that is very safe in the corral and pasture (that was going on 7 years ago), but has his moments where he freaks out because of his sight - I couldn't ever let somebody else ride or work with him without me around. And he is a normal horse otherwise, so I can understand Heidi doing this also.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Subject: Re: (FjordList) What to do, what to do?
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:19:16 EDT

This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

With  the way this list has been running for me lately, who knows when this
will show  up, but in any case, an update!
Things  have settled down (well, more like *I* have settled down); my two
problem  children have had a good couple of days, as if they know what I've
been
talking  about.
So,  after spending a good amount of quality time with each, I'm just going
to try to make it work for now. Though they do have outbursts (Heidi's, BTW,
I  believe to be related to her vision – she does not have an aggressive
bone
in her body), most of the time they're happy, friendly, and sweet - typical Fjords. Yes, they have severe physical problems, and Brecken can be a total jerk when he doesn't want to do something, but we're working on it as best we
can, and I feel like I owe it to them to at least keep  trying.  Hopefully
one of these days he'll realize it's okay to be  compliant!

Jamie
In the Mountains SW of Denver,  CO