This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 12:00 PM 11/3/2006, you wrote:
This message is from: "Dave and Patti Walter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The ONE thing I learned which I'm REALLY glad I did, and I'm sorry for those
that didn't know this but in the future perhaps it will help someone.
IF.........you are performing a test and it's not going well AT ALLLLLLL!!!!!
Stop, tell them you do not wish to finish the test, leave BEFORE finishing and
your score will not go in the record book. You are considered stratched. AT
least that is what was told to me. MIKE -OR BETH- if that is not correct
please correct.

That is correct Patti. If you excuse yourself before completing the test the score is not recorded at all.

It's all hindsight, the committee had a tough decision to be made,what to do.
I do hope in the future and I'm pretty sure it is, lessons will be learned and
things will be different.

We made the only decision we could make. There wasn't any other options available to us. We would have liked to have 2 days for just the Evaluation but the site would not let us in any sooner than they did. We had to beg them to get in when we did in fact.

I show in all weather, local here, at hunter/jumper shows, next year, Lord
Willing a few eventing competitions, Held OUTSIDE. BUT....these are shows, not
evaluations. The cost is way less, their is no record that is as important as
an evaluation, AND we are not being judged against the standard, by which
OTHER evaluations also held don't have to put up with conditions like at
Winona. Carol R. made an excellent point,it's not an equal playing field by
any means.

Well I agree the weather was awful. But as to being a level playing field I think all of the draft tests were on a level field. A lot of people wanted us to stop in the middle of them & move it inside for the rest of them. Now THAT would have been wrong in my mind. Once you start you have to finish as far as I am concerned.

 IT WAS JUST PLAIN AND SIMPLE BAD CONDITIONS!!!

I agree it was really pretty bad.

Is there much that can be done now?? Maybe the NFHR can allow those to redo
the test at a reduced rate??? Only for those getting below a 70. Maybe their
is nothing more then just learning from it, one thing NO ONE WILL EVERY FORGET
IT. Definate memory maker!

The Evaluation Committee is going to meet & make a decision on it.

Just so everyone knows though - 50% of the horses doing the test got Blue Ribbons.

There were 4 Blues, 2 Reds & 2 Yellows. In the Advanced tests there was 1 Blue & 1 Yellow

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Executive Director & Registrar
PO Box 685
Webster, NY  14580-0685

Voice 585-872-4114
FAX 585-787-0497