This message is from: Sarah Clarke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Interesting.  My mare Hviske goes much better in a mullen mouth than in any
jointed snaffle.  She tended to lean on the jointed snaffle.  Maybe it was
palate discomfort.  It is not so easy to find mullen mouth snaffles, either, I
just happened to have one in the tackroom and I have learned never ever get
rid of a bit.

  Carol rivoire said "My opinion is that it's the mullen mouth configuration
that Brenning
  likes. He may also like the copper alloy material of the mouthpiece.
  -- What's clear now is that he was too sensitive to deal with any of
  the snaffle bits, even the KK ones and the Myler bits. -- What
  famous horseman said . . . . "Let your horse be your teacher." ?

  I remember reading somewhere that Fjords generally have low palates.