This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 11/22/2006 11:53:51 AM Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Am wondering if anyone has been trying the new Nutrena Lite Balance
> feed on their Fjords. If so how do you like it?
>
> Someone on the list had mentioned it quite some time ago. I am using
> it on my fjord and on my mini. Could be my imagination but I think
> they both are looking better. . If any of you are using it have you
> seen any major differences.? I have found I don't use as much as is
> called for as far as their body weight goes.

         Hi Beth !

    We started feeding the Nutrena Lite just after returning from Winona. We
picked up several bags of it ( thanks Susan ! ) when they brought in a bunch
of it to give away at the show. Our Fjords have no grazing here, so everything
they eat, I put into their mouths. I feed 3 times a day.
    We have noticed a differance already with it. We are adding it to their
noon feeding, with an alfalfa pellet, and corn oil. Since it already has
vitamins and minerals in it, we stopped adding those. We feed an orchard grass
hay
with a tiny bit of alfalfa in it morning and night. A few oldsters like Leidjo
( 23 ) also get 3 cups of soaked beet pulp, and  hay cubes also soaked and he
looks splended !

   We are seeing a nice bloom, even with winter coats since starting the
Nutrena. They are holding weight well and it is sure cheaper without buying
that
20 lb pail of vitamins every 2 weeks. We found the Nutrena at both Oversons and
Cal Ranch here.

   Be careful with your mini just plain overfeeding is a big problem for
them. They beg sooooo well !

        Lisa Pedersen / Pedersens Fjords * breezy and overcast but warm,
Cedar City, UTAH

  • feed it Pedfjords