This message is from: "Debi Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

    I've got one of those "parade stories" too.  Something you can never
prepare for.
I was taking Tanja to show off my newly completed Meadowbrook cart. I had
invited an older Horsegentleman along as he no longer rides.  She was doing
the walk-stop-walk routine pretty good. As we neared the thickest part of
the crowd and the most noise, this little girl just walked right up and
hugged her front legs.  I was in total disbelief as my eyes searched for the
parent in the crowd. No one was moving.  Although several looked as stunned
as I and my frozen mare, my ride along just noticed as he had been busy
waving.  Then finally she released her hug and patted her on the nose.  Now
she is standing directly infront of my horse and the group ahead had stepped
off leaving a growing gap behind them.  I whispered a prayer to just wait a
few more seconds surely someone was going to notice their missing child.  A
father turned around to see his daughter out in the street and called her.
One last big hug around both of the mares legs and she did step aside waving
to the horse as she slowly went back to the curb.
    My ridealong thought that's what all Fjords are like and bragged her up
to the rest of the County Sheriff's Posse to which we both belong.  I was
just ever so thankful that her best came out.
    That mare was the dam of WH Stone, now owned by James and Vicki Hovore.
The temperament in Fjords is fantastic.
Debi Williams
Willow Hill Fjords
Waterford, Pa.