This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,

Ah, I did not know it used the term "Viking" in the statement. That
would definitely be a misnomer for the Fjord is historically from the
area of Norway whereas the Vikings encompassed groups of people
throughout Northern Europe (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, etc.) and again,
only for approximately 250 years. Since the Viking age is not really
acknowedged until the mid 700s CE, that makes a search for a "Viking
horse" going back 2000 years a bit difficult! :)

I have seen tons of pictures of Northern European artifacts with
horses looking very similar to Fjords, as well as have read about
horses described to be like Fjords. You might want to consider going
to a library or large book store and do some exploration! Also, if I
remember correctly, the term Norwegian Fjord is a relatively recent
name for the horse of Norway.

Lynda

In a message dated 12/5/2006 8:47:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,