This message is from: Starfire Farm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

We have a wonderful young gelding for sale, Starfire Donati. He is by BDF Obelisk out of a wonderful Dutch mare, Orinke (Halstor - Korine -Toddy.) Orinke is 1/2 sister to Sabrine, owned by Green Valley Farm, who is the mother of GVF Sjokolade, the Grand Champion Stallion of the 25th Anniversary show.

Both parents have earned their NFHR Medallions. Obie is an S1/G1. Orinke is S1, having completed all of her Introductory tests. The only reason she isn't a G1 is that she's been having babies.

If you have seen Obelisk anywhere, or had an opportunity to see him at Winona, you know that he is a very talented Fjord stallion, with an exceptional work ethic. Orinke has a very good work ethic as well, with a wonderful, steady temperament, yet forward thinking.

I just saddled up Donati and got on him for the first time yesterday, and he took it in stride, better than any horse, including Fjords, that I've started in the past. I just walked him around, as we don't do "serious" work with backing our horses until they're late 3 or 4 years of age. He is a good mover, with three good gaits. He uses his hocks very well and is a balanced, athletic horse. He especially finds the canter more easy than most Fjords that I've worked with. He learns quickly, is very willing, loves to be working with me, and is respectful and light on the leadrope.

I think he will make a very special driving horse or an excellent riding horse (or both, for that matter - both parents do both, as well as draft.) He's not very tall, standing only 13.1 at this time, but because he's only 2 years old (he'll be three in July) he may reach 13.2 or 13.3. 14 hh if we're lucky, but he was a bit pre-mature when he was born, and was small (but beautiful!) at birth.

Anyway, I'm writing this now because he impressed me so much yesterday. Someone will find this horse a delight to have as a Fjord partner! We have photos of him up on our website: http://www.starfirefarm.com. He's listed as a colt, but was gelded about 4 months ago.

Beth