This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ah, Kate! I have a passion for saddles, keep buying and selling Ortho-flex, trying other brands, I probably surpass most folks on this list as to the number of saddles I have bought since I got into horses. presently I have four Ortho-flex saddles, one Tucker and one dressage Rembrandt. Ogling another Ortho-flex on eBay, and thinking about the Trekkers, would like to have one of each, want to try them all! I started out buying a Sharon Saare endurance, , then my first Ortho-flex, sold the Sharon Saare, then bought a bright blue synthetic Australian. Sold that, bought a later model Ortho-flex and sold the first to a friend, bought a Collegiate Dressage, a newer Ortho-flex, then an English style Orthoflex,...and so on, ...Probably have bought more than a dozen Ortho-flex saddles, all told, plus several different brands of English saddle, several brands of Western saddles. Am I a Dealer? Well I should be running a Tack shop I guess. I am a "Saddle-holic! I am still lusting after a special edition of the Ortho-Flex "Challenger", an old model no longer made, and look at the Ortho-flex saddles on eBay every day! I confess I really get a rush when I anticipate the delivery of a new saddle!

I would like to collect Fjords, too, but at least I do have a bit of common sense about that....I decided my limit was four, which I have right now.

Jean in Fairbanks, Alaska, -10 at my house, -24 in town!

This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have been reading the saddle chat with avid fascination. I do not need another saddle - I have a great western saddle that fits and works, and a lovely treeless that is a comfy as can be. But, I want more. I am starting to think of saddles the way I do shoes - why not get another one? Does anyone else feel this collector mentality with saddles?