This message is from: "Karen Keith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Linda.

I haven't had Reiki done, but have had HTA (Healing Touch for Animals, http://www.healingtouchforanimals.com/), which deals with chakras and healing energy and intent. Both my fjords were used as demo horses for HTA clinics in Colorado on several occasions. I had the chance to sit on the outside and watch my horses undergo ministrations.

My horses were just there for the students to learn on, so there was no particular problem being worked on. But throughout the clinic, I could see a marked change in the horses' demeanors. They would get a sleepy expression and you'd see their heads slowly drop down. All this while 4 to 6 students (all strangers) were moving around them clearing their chakras and fixing their energy flows. For the record, there was no food involved to get the Fjordies to stand there. :^)

I know my description sounds kind of nutty, but hey, the horses liked it just fine. And BTW, they don't actually touch the animal while doing a lot of this, so we're not talking massage or spinal adjustments.

I also had the opportunity to have my wound-up border collie used as a demo dog. She was in a room full of strangers and strangers' dogs, a situation that makes her very uncomfortable and nervous. She'd already had a go at one of the other dogs and had to be kept apart. Carol Komitor worked on my BC's chakras and her hips with healing energy. Again, I know it sounds nutty, but I also know what I saw. Here was my defensive BC on the ground with a stranger and you could see the sleepy expression and relaxation overcome her. Did it fix the dysplasia? No, of course not. It's not meant to. But for both the dog and the horses, something went on that they found pleasant and relaxing.

BTW, I have attended the HTA Level 1 clinic. I bought a certificate at a silent auction, not knowing what it was. Thought it was something like T-Touch. I came away less than convinced, at least in my ability to do this; I think I may just need something a bit more concrete. But the animals don't come with any baggage or prejudices or expectations, and they all seem to find HTA a positive experience. That's why I got my Fjordies in as demo horses as often as I could!

Lastly, I am in England now and have sold my Fjords, but I kept my donkey. She lives at the barn in Colorado where the HTA clinics are held. I was told that at the last HTA clinic the students used Daisy as a demo donk, and she was great with the students. This was a real surprise to me, as Daisy is usually very wary of strangers, especially if she's mobbed (4-6 students moving about her precious body). So, although I didn't see it myself, it sounds like Daisy the Donkey found HTA a positive experience as well.

That's my experience with alternative therapy.

Cheers, from squally Surrey. (Can you tell I miss the Colorado sunshine? Yes, I know about the snow there, but once the snow stops, you shovel in dazzling sunlight. Right, Beth, Sandy, Jeanne and Cheryl?)

Karen

> I wanted to know if anyone has ever had Reiki done on their horses and find out more about it. I had all three of my horses worked on and they really seemed to enjoy it. I would love to hear any thoughts or comments or experiences that you may have had with it.
Linda Pica

Advertisement: Fresh jobs daily. Stop waiting for the newspaper. Search Now! www.seek.com.au http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Dec06&_m=EXT