This message is from: "ruth bushnell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Several years ago when I was doing a lot of mountain pack trips [In Alaska]
I knew a lot of packers that would not have a mare in their pack string.
Jerry Friz,>>>

THERE IS a practical and valid purpose for that principle. If a mare is approached from close behind, she may go into defense mode against
another horse's possible notion of mounting, and reactively kick
backwards. The same is true of single-file trail riding, leave a
comfortable 2-horse length distance behind a mare.

Keeping Fjord mares and geldings mixed together has never ONCE been a
problem here and I can't imagine that it could be, but maybe Fjords
are the exception to the rule.

Fjords are incredibly wonderful for daily management, never menacing
and sweetly compliant. Just don't dally at the top of the "pecking
order" food chain in an open area. =))))))

Ruthie, nw mt US

Bushwhacker Fjords
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.frontiernet.net/~fjords