This message is from: "Green Valley Farm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Green Valley Farm has had excellent success with frozen semen.
In 2005 we decided to test Kastanjegardens Fernando's frozen semen
with three of our mares. All three became pregnant upon the first insemination
and all three had healthy foals in 2006. In 2006 two mares were inseminated
with Fernando's frozen semen and both were confirmed 21 days pregnant
and later one reabsorbed.  Another mare was inseminated with Thorvald's
frozen semen and is confirmed pregnant.  We are looking forward to the
birth of these two foals in 2007. Green Valley Farm has a live foal guarantee
with all of it's breeding, live cover or AI cooled or frozen.

There is an article about frozen semen in the Fjord Herald, Issue 77, Winter 2005/2006.
Select Breeders website, www.selectbreeders.com , has some informative
articles about frozen semen. I was just looking for some info and saw Fernando's picture on their opening web page which list some of the top stallions of all breeds-
a good advertisement of the Fjord Breed.

Frozen semen from Green Valley Farm's stallions,
Kastanjegardens Fernando, Thorvald & GVF Sjokolade, was collected by
Select Breeders (Aubrey, TX) at the Wisconsin Equine Clinic in Oconomowoc, WI.
The semen is stored in both locations.  Mares can be taken to the
Wisconsin Equine Clinic for insemination and there would be no shipping charge. The Veterinary costs can be more expensive for frozen semen but the advantage over shipped cooled semen is that the semen can be stored at the Veterinary facility until it is needed - the Vet does not have to estimate when the follicle will be ready.

If you have any questions, or if you would like to reserve a breeding to one
of our stallions, by live cover or AI (cooled or frozen), please contact us.

Howard & Sophie Fiedler
1494 S. Irish Hollow Rd.
Galena, IL 61036
815-777-6008