This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Raffles of any livestock is illegal in most states - I found this out when
we (FH) were given a yearling Morgan colt with the Morgan breeder's intent that
 we could raise money by raffling him off. Her discription of how we could
get  around that law would be that raffle tickets be printed that the winner
received  a halter (and he came with it).
   So we ended up keeping him, gelded him, took time to start him  correctly
and he was an asset to our program from 5 to 15 when he was purchased  by one
of our volunteers to continue his life as her trail ride mount. Last I  heard
Reggie at 25 plus is still out trailriding.
              Robyn in MD