This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

i got to experience first hand the difference that can be seen in the build
of some horses. on sunday heike brought thor down to the barn where oz is
boarded, and did as she has been threatening to do....she put me on him and
gave me
a lunge line lesson, the first i have ever had. i have to admit to being
apprehensive at first, but once i relaxed and started to trust him (and her),
things got better and to the point of being fun. he has a very forward, speedy
trot, especially compared to oz. i was posting without hands, doing arm
spinning,
holding them over my head, etc., and he very patiently put up with the
learning.....and ya know, my balance was better than i expected.

when we were done, i saddled up my big pony, and my legs were very aware of
how much wider oz is than thor. but the feeling of the quick, forward trot was
still with me, and i got oz going quite nicely. we tend to plod along, but
this was different. there was quite a bit of activity in the arena, but every
time he started paying attention to another horse, i quickly turned him and
went
into another pattern. it was a good ride. i think we have learned quite a lot
in the past few months.

last night he got his mane roached down so it can grow in straight for
spring. he didn't mind the clippers at all, and when i turned him loose for a
run in
the arena he free lunged himself nicely in both directions, at all three
gaits and then stopped and waited for me to go get him. then he did his heeling
puppy imitation and followed me all over. what a treasure he is turning out to
be.

laurie, and oz, the bald