This message is from: "L Hesse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Re: Treeless saddles

I can highly recommend a Torsion. I ride in the trail saddle, not their Endurance model. I used to ride strictly Western. I have very bad osteo-arthritis in the hips and pelvis, which is why I ride a Fjord. Go to www.torsion-canada.ca and Wendy or Heidi can give you more information on the Torsions.

The Torsion seat is much like a dressage seat, deep and conforming to both horse and rider. It is full contact and takes some time for both the horse and rider to get used to. Heidi advise that during the first couple of weeks, you keep your riding time to 30 - 45 minutes and up it from there. I find I can ride in the Torsion now for 3 hours with no discomfort to either my old Fjord, Sally, who is 20 something with mild arthritis in the shoulders, or myself, and I am near 50. I consider myself to be a mildly handi-capped rider and the treeless helps me free up my pelvis more quickly which in turn provides less stress on my mounts back.

Hope this helps,

Laura Hesse and Sally
www.runninglproductions.com