This message is from: Ronni Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ducks? R.Taylor

  I do hope, and assume - that the ducks for the duck race are the cute yellow
rubber kind!
  In case anyone is interested, in Illinois, near where I used to live, the
Visiting Nurse Association for the county is/was supported by the annual duck
race on the river.  They sell rubber duckies with bar codes on the bottom (at
Wendy's and Walmart, etc). Then on a certain day, they dump them from a couple
of dump trucks into the river. The flotilla goes a mile down the river, and
then in boomed into shore, becoming a single file, and the bar codes on the
bottom of the ducks identify the winners. Several years ago, I think the "dump"
was over 200,000 yellow rubber duckies. ($5 each, or 6 for $25 - at the time)
  They made a flotilla nearly the entire mile of river. National Geographic did
an article on it in the 90's.