This message is from: "Lola Lahr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Yes, that was what I started with years ago when they were just about the
only alternative to easy boots.  They work really well and are really
durable!  My horses love them.
There are new designs out there though that are worth looking at re: does
that shape fit your horse's hoof shape better, etc.  The Horse Journal had a
review of the various styles last year.  I have used Boa boots because they
are not so bulky.  There is also the Old Mac G2 which a friend of mine uses
succesfully on her fjord gelding.  The only problem I had with the Boa boots
is that when my 1100 lb fjord mare was cantering down the trail, the cable
broke and off went the Boa, rolling into the ditch.  We retrieved it, and
had to finish the gravelly ride bootless, which, at the time, she was a
little ouchy about that, but did not come up sore at all.   Her feet have
grown out so beautifully this winter, and is going bootless on gravel trails
with no problem, that I wonder if she will be ouchy under those same
conditionsthis summer when it is drier.