This message is from: "Dave and Patti Walter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Just thought I'd get the ball rolling on the discussion of the MWFHC's Winter
Meeting. Although we did go, it was very short lived for myself, my hubby ,Eby
Higdon and Joni Griffin. We picked Joni up in Milwaukee around 3PM. Hoping to
get to the hotel by 5-5:30. Well hubby must have been listening to all the
girl talk in the truck cause before we knew it were VERY close to Chicago and
the airport. Which by the way, we should have been NO WHERE NEAR ! ugghgh, so
taking the VERY scenic way around, we finally reached the hotel a little after
7:30PM. Most were finishing up with dinner. We ordered and it was very good
and very reasonable. Then we crashed the Hotovy's party in their room and
stayed up until 1AM. Was really fun as always to see everyone.

Sat. morning I was quite worried about the upcoming storm and knew i could not
get stuck in IL until Monday. So...we decided to leave Sat. morning and beat
the storm and get home. Which we did and I have to say I'm very glad we did.
We really got dumped on and i just hate to give someone else all that stress
and worry. Of course the horses would all be fine, but it's just different
when you have just your own horses on the farm, or someone elses too. Or it's
just me and having to have control of things. :-)

We only saw a little of the english saddle fitting. Got to see the fjords that
came in, around 10 perhaps. And thru the grape vine I heard the auction did
quite well bringing in $2700.00 That is great as the crowd this year wasn't as
big. Maybe around 50????

So...now all you who went, write in and tell us more!  It's just always great
to see other fjord owners, best group of horse owners out there!!!

Patti Jo Walter
www.franciscreekfjords.com