This message is from: "Nancy Hotovy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The perils of winter in the Midwest - snow, ice, sleet and blizzard conditions
smack dab during the Midwest Fjord Horse Club winter meeting. You can plan
everything down to the last detail - - - except for that darn weather! The
same weather that gives us 90 degrees at Blue Earth!

I just wanted to thank Tyler and Dawn Schlickman for the wonderful job they
did organizing and putting together the winter meeting for the Midwest Fjord
Horse Club. There were clinics, saddle fittings, training tips, Linda Lottie
with all of her wonderful fjord wares, an auction and a great "dinner in the
dirt". We actually had dinner in the arena - a wonderfully catered-in buffet.
Dawn made the wooden fjord horse centerpieces and quite typically had
everything decorated to the hilt. I am always jealous of her creativity. The
evening was finished out by a great band of 4 guys that braved the ice storm
to come and play for us - and that group of people who met and became friends
at a fjord horse show in Blue Earth, MN stayed right until the end laughing,
dancing and enjoying the weekend.

It's the same camaraderie at every event - old friends and new friends -
enjoying the fjord horse and building friendships that last a lifetime. I
truly think we could have a winter meeting without any clinics or meeting (I
know we would find something for dinner) and we would still have the members
of the Midwest Fjord Horse Club come and just have fun together. That's what
the fjords do best - bring people together. Great weekend and hopefully
everyone made it home safely. See you all in July!

Nancy Hotovy