This message is from: Tiffany Amschl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello everyone!

Thought I'd introduce myself and offer some clinic information for those who might be interested. I've been lurking for a couple months now and enjoy the discussions that occur on the list. My mom and I bought a coming 3-year-old gelding from Patti Jo Walter (we love you Patti!) just before Christmas, who is our first Fjord. We've kind of been out the showing/breeding aspect of horses for 10 years or so (graduate school. life, etc.), but we've owned Arabs for 30-some years - still have 2 old geldings who deserve their well-earned retirement.

After I got a real job, I wanted to get back to my roots-and branch out a bit, so I bought a Friesian mare and got involved in driving. My mom liked it so much, she decided she could do this, but wanted something less intimidating (*grin*)...and fell for Phil Odden's Fjords at the driving shows. So one thing led to another and the search was on. We've met some awesome people in the Fjords - Nancy & Rich Hotovy, Pat Holland, Phil Odden, and of course Patti Walter (some only by email at this point!) - and my mom is ready to fill the 4 stall barn with Fjords even though all the spaces are already taken and I'm just a big a fan of the Friesian! :-) Don't know if you can have just one of either breed (except what you can afford!) Anyway, the Friesian mare is due to foal in the next month so Lord's Geir will be taking over the family entertainment duties (even training is entertaining, right?) until baby is weaned and Lessa goes back to work. Am SOOO looking forward to spring!

That's the short version. Here's the clinic plug: Some good friends are hosting a Muffy Seaton clinic May 12&13. I'm SOOO jealous 'cause I won't have anything to drive by then, but would love to meet other Fjord people and see their Fjords since I'll be auditing anyway (see how I made this about Fjords and how it can benefit me?!) The farm is located near Kankakee, IL (about an hour south of Chicago) and I think they are charging $150 for a session, which includes stall, bedding, lunch, and audit for 1 groom. Not sure about the fee if you don't want the stall, etc. If you are interested, call Marsha Marks at 815-370-3443 or email [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note the 3 "n's" in whinnny - and phone is more effective).

That's all for now...
Tiffany and the gang with cabin fever in Illinois!
Windfield Farm
Frankfort, IL
[EMAIL PROTECTED]