This message is from: Marsha Jo Hannah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> last wednesday evening after i rode, my instructor's daughter (age 10) and i
> each took a brush to a side of oz.....20 minutes later there was enough fur
> on
> the floor to construct a small poodle. forget brushing it up, i had to scoop
> it up with my hands to get it in the trash.
> laurie

LOL!  My old mare, Nansy, was a champion shedder.  My husband and I
would put her in the barn aisle (concrete, so easily swept up), and
each start on one side of her, with different tools (shedding blade or
wire dog-slicker brush).  When we had each "finished" our side, we
would swap sides---and our different tools/techniques would get more
hair out of the already "done" side!  When we finished, there was so
much hair on the floor that I had to make several "gathers"---far more
than I could transport to the trash barrel with only two hands!  A
couple of days later, we would do it all over again....  There were
weeks when I would accuse her of growing it faster than we could brush
it out.  ;-)

Marsha Jo Hannah                Murphy must have been a horseman--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               anything that can go wrong, will!
15 mi SW of Roseburg, Oregon