This message is from: "Jeanne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Main Trimming:  In my opinion, Sophie Fiedler, Green Valley Farm, has the
'market cornered' on the technique.  If you've ever had the opportunity to
visit GVF, every horse on their place has a perfectly trimmed mane ALL THE
TIME.  Even her youngsters (and I mean babies!) mane's are always perfect.
I've seen her trim, and I believe (correct me if I'm wrong, Sophie!) all she
uses is scissors.

I haven't seen it, but I've heard Carol's video is excellent, also.

This winter was hard on our fjord's manes.  With all the snow and ice, they
looked like palm trees.  We actually roached them, back in January, and just
last weekend, had to put a trim on them... that's how fast they grew out.
To roach, we used body clippers, to trim, only scissors and a big
wide-toothed pick.  Depending on the length, a clean mane is easier to trim,
than a dirty one.  Also, we use Fiskars scissors, with a Fiskars scissor
sharpener.  Works great.

Great topic.  Good luck!

Jeanne
 - Berthoud, CO ~ Spring is finally here!